Happy Birthday.

Hey, so I survived another year, Alhamdulillah.

I'm twenty-four and very happy and healthy.

So when you  go through birthdays, that means you're growing, right?

Well, technically at least.

And to grow up means to learn. You learn to do things better with age, so that you can actually afford to long for better things.
I mean, we're humans.We want things. We NEVER stop asking for better things. And by things I mean better job, better boy/girlfriends, better cars, and in the end we want BETTER LIFE. And I'm not saying as if it is a bad thing. Because it is always good to be ambitious and wanting to upgrade your life and what not.

But sometimes we also want time to stop. We wish for time to stop so that we would stop aging. So that WE WON'T GROW OLD. I don't know, I might be overgeneralizing but at least, I do.

I secretly wish that I would always be 17 because life is simpler then. Without realising that if time actually stops, it will hinder us from getting all those better things we want at the first place.

So my advice to you, future Amrina. Don't be scared, because growing up also means that you are getting better at a certain part of your life. So make peace with the fact that you are getting older and YOU ARE GONNA GET BETTER.




Happy 24th Birthday, Amrina. Cheers to getting older and wiser (read: weirder)


No comments: