Sanity

Hello.

So. It has been a while. And this is one of those times, where I seek for peace and comfort through writing.

This is one of those times that I wanted to rant in more than just 140 words.

Most of the times when I blog is because I feel happy or sad or...something big happens. But now I just write (well, typing, technically) simply because I miss it.

I really miss writing down my thoughts and lately I have not done the justice to my sanity by not making the time to just..write.

I just want to write the heck about my life at the moment, on this crappy blog. And at this point, nothing special is happening with my life. And that is okay. Why? Because that IS life.

I remember how I used to say...

"Seronoklah tengok life orang."

And I also remembered how stupid I felt after a while.
The life of other people that I consider fun or good is just based on something I see on their Facebook or Instagram, etc.

Of course it is good. Because naturally,  people don't post bad stuff about themselves on the internet for everyone to see. No one in their right mind would.
Totally understandable.

Oh and I read an article shared on Facebook recently about why Gen Y is unhappy. Basically the article points out that we (Gen Y), tends to blow stuff out of proportion.
We expect great things to happen in our lives and when the reality differs from what we imagine, we become dysfunctional.

Or in the best case scenario, we at least will feel kind of disappointed when life did not turned out to be about unicorns and rainbows.

And yes, with that said, the other reason that I wanted to write this down is so that when I read this a year later at least, I would still remember to always do a reality check.

That happiness is when expectations = reality.

No more, no less.

So...yeah. Toodles.

No comments: